- Community Projects of Havre de Grace (CPoHdG) was founded in 1998 as a 501(c)(3) organization with the initial charter of building a new stadium for the local high school. In the end, that project, which surpassed $3 million, became the largest and perhaps most well developed high school stadium in Harford or Cecil counties.
- After completion of the stadium project, CPoHdG reached out to other community organizations that did not already enjoy 501(c)(3) status and eventually formed an umbrella organization that now serves several committees which are covered by CPoHdG’s insurances and receive administrative support. CPoHdG has no paid staff, owns no property, pays no taxes, charges no dues, and encompasses over 300 volunteers.
- Today, CPoHdG provides funds and fiscal leadership to and maintains financial records (including bill-paying) for its committees at no charge.
To provide assistance to the community of Havre de Grace in the development of various charitable and community enhancing endeavors
- Application of Funds
- 100% Targeted, No Matter the Source
- Corporate Administrative Costs Never Deducted
- Decision Autonomy
- Committee-based Operational Decisions
- Financial Autonomy
- Committee-based Spending Decisions